What is Every Woman Matters?
Every Woman Matters is a program that can help women get health check-ups. EWM may pay for exams based on health history and program guidelines.
Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening:
- Pelvic exam
- Pap test
- Clinical breast exam
- Teaching of breast self exam
Heart Disease and Diabetes Screening:
- Blood pressure check
- Cholesterol check
- Blood sugar (glucose) check
- Health and wellness information for living a healthier life
How to Qualify
- Women must be 40 and 74 years of age
- Must be a citizen or legal resident of Nebraska
- They must meet program income guidelines Income Eligibility Guidelines (2014-15)
- Must not have health insurance that would pay for preventive services
How to Enroll
- You can enroll in Every Woman Matters by contacting the places listed below to receive an enrollment form:
- Call Every Woman Matters at 1-800-532-2227
- Email us for an enrollment form
- Contact a doctor's office or clinic. Many doctors and clinics are a part of Every Woman Matters. Ask your doctor or clinic to be sure.
- Call the National Cancer Institute at 1-800-4-CANCER.
*If you are not eligible for EWM, because you are under age 40, there are clinics that you can go to for services: